How To Delete Unnecessary Fields From Netlify-CMS ConfigurationPublished: 22-Sep-2019
NOTE: before you delete fields from the yml file, make sure they are not being referenced in any queries, gatsby-config.js or gatsby-node.js.
- Make sure gatsby develop is not running
- Delete the field(s) from your /static/admin/config.yml file
- Run gatsby develop. When it has loaded, try to load http://localhost:8000/admin/
- If you cannot open the admin panel:
- Drop gatsby develop
- Delete the .cache folder
- Run gatsby develop again
- Go to each item that you deleted fields from, make a small change, and Publish the change OR Modify each md file manually in a text editor.
I prefer to use the netlify-cms to make the change. It’s too easy to make a human error in the raw text (and not notice it).